ON DEMAND WEBINAR
COVID-19 Regulatory Flexibilities and Relief
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released an interim final rule and a second wave of waivers designed to provide health systems and other providers flexibility in providing care during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Premier’s in-depth summary of the interim final rule released on April 30 can be found here. Additionally, HHS released initial data on the Provider Relief Fund’s $50 billion that was distributed based on eligible providers’ share of net patient revenue. The data lists recipients and amounts received from General Distribution funds for those providers who have attested and agreed to the Terms and Conditions as of May 4, 2020.
As your hospitals and clinicians continue to manage and respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, Premier’s payment policy team wants to do everything we can to help Premier members navigate the regulatory environment during this extraordinary time.
During this Advisor Live webinar, Aisha Pittman (VP, Policy) alongside Melissa Medeiros (Director, Payment Policy & Analysis) will share resources and guidance to help hospital leaders navigate and utilize these flexibilities:
- Changes to the Medicare Shared Saving Program that give ACOs more flexibility,
- Several new CMS policies related to telemedicine,
- Payments to relocated provider-based departments,
- Outpatient services administered in patients’ homes,
- Medicare coverage and payment of COVID-19 diagnostic testing,
- Changes to GME payments to hold providers harmless; and
- Post-acute care reporting requirements and home health updates.
Vice President, Policy, Premier
Director, Payment Policy and Analysis, Premier