Re-Think Safety: New Approaches to Old Problems
In a recent webinar hosted by Mark Crockett, MD, CEO of Verge Health, and the National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), the organizations detailed a path to achieving zero harm. This whitepaper provides five key areas organizations should “re-think” in order to reduce the frequency and severity of medical errors:
- Move “Left of Bang” with a proactive focus
- Stay preoccupied with failure
- Use rounding to reinforce process and communication
- Prioritize issues using a risk matrix
- Incorporate provider data for safer outcomes
Premier and Verge Health have partnered to deliver best-in-class comprehensive patient and employee safety solutions.